Government Jobs – Nyamira
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
- Membership in IABC (International Association of Business Communicators) and IABC accreditation are desirable.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity. Also See:9,846 students scored above 400 marks-Fred Matiang’i
Principal Information Officer
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be a holder of at least a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Mass communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Communication Studies, Media studies/Sciences or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of not less than 5 years in Public Communications.
Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.Read Also:Government Jobs – ADA
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics or any other related field.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills in sourcing for funding organizations.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya (2010). Also Read:Internship opportunity at Kenya Airways, Nairobi
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.Also See:Government Jobs in Kenya – Nandi
- Proven work experience as a Front desk manager or Reception manager
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management and basic bookkeeping procedures
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- High School diploma; additional certification is a plus.
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Nyamira County Public Service Board
Box 434, 40500
Or hand delivered to the Board Offices located at MEA COMPLEX adjacent to Kenya Women.
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 28th November 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.
Download the JOB APPLICATION FORM from the County Website fill and attach with your applications.