Public Relations Society of Kenya, PRSK, Chief Executive Officer job
Public Relations Society of Kenya is recruiting a Chief Executive Officer
Overall Responsibility of the PRSK Chief Executive Officer
Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK), the umbrella body for all public relations and communication practitioners in Kenya, is seeking to recruit an exceptional individual to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible for the day to day management of all affairs of the Society in accordance with the PRSK Constitution. He/She will serve as a link between the Council and the Secretariat and will oversee implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure all PRSK operations are in conformity with prevailing statutory and regulatory requirements. The Chief Executive Officer will, in addition, implement the PRSK strategy as directed by the Council.
Also see: 2020 PRSK CPD Programmes
Key Responsibilities of the PRSK Chief Executive Officer
The PRSK Chief Executive Officer will work with the Council to achieve the following:
• Develop and recommend to the Council the long term corporate strategy, business plans and annual operating budgets
• Develop and implement a resource mobilization strategy that addresses financial challenges associated with economic constraints, competition, markets, and business trends shifts
• Develop the annual operating budget for the Society; and manage the budget within approved guidelines
• Implement the corporate strategy and other Council policies and resolutions
• Coordinate the development of PR and Communication syllabuses,
preparation, administration and management of examinations
• Ensure prudent management of assets and financial resources and accountability through proper monitoring and effective internal control measures
• Provide leadership in the day to day business and ensure a competent, efficient and motivated human capital for enhanced productivity and performance
• Promote an effective risk management culture and ensure compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and policy frameworks
• Coach, mentor and develop the senior management team to ensure excellence in performance and effective succession management
• Foster a corporate culture that promotes sound ethical and good governance practices
• Manage relationships, networks and engagement with stakeholders including government agencies, local and international business partners
• Facilitates the achievement and maintenance of industry-standard accreditations and certifications for the Society
• Enhance the corporate reputation and image of PRSK.
Key Qualifications, Skills and Competencies Required of the PRSK Chief Executive Officer
• Bachelors degree in Communication, Public Relations and Business related field required. An MBA or other relevant Master’s degree preferred.
• Ten or more years’ experience in Executive Leadership demonstrating measurable success in leading the development and implementation of programs and initiatives to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, build and sustain productive relationships with multiple and diverse constituencies, both internal and external, including business, civic, and community leaders, government agencies and the media
• Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal management principles and procedures
• Demonstrated experience in resource mobilization
• Strong track record of Strategic Planning & Execution
• Have thorough knowledge and understanding of PR and Communication infrastructure in Kenya
• Must be a registered Public Relations and Communication Management professional
• Demonstrated ability to build and sustain a diverse and inclusive organization through providing leadership in creating a vision and mission, developing strategies, and implementing action plans. Results-driven and a self-starter, flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities and ensure implementation against deadlines. An entrepreneurial mindset
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the
Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
• Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
• Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
• Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
• A letter of good standing from a professional body.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK) is the umbrella body for all public relations and communication practitioners in Kenya with an overriding purpose to advance excellent performance in the practice. The Society maintains local and international affiliates, which include the Eastern Africa Public Relations Association (EAPRA), the African Public Relations Association (APRA), and is a founder member of the Global Alliance for Public Relations & Communication Management.