PR and Communication Lead at C4DLab and Nairobi Innovation Week wanted
Do you have communication, or marketing and PR training and skills? Are you interested in an opportunity to interact with the workings of an Innovation Hub while managing the communication agenda of the activities in the hub that include social media, blogging, photography, videography, and mainstream media? The management of the C4DLab and the secretariat of the Nairobi Innovation Week 2018 (NIW 2018) require a Communication and PR lead to join the team for a 6-month engagement (October 2017 to March 2018). Similar Read:Government Jobs in Kenya – Office of the Controller of Budget
- Planning and overseeing the execution a media strategy for the activities and projects organized by the C4DLabincluding the Nairobi Innovation Week.
- Aligning all activities of social media engagement with the overall communication strategy.\
- Implementing messaging and publicizing activities to University fraternity, partners, networks, general public regarding C4DLab activities and programs using various relevant avenues like posters, blogs and articles.
- Working with the student ambassador of the Nairobi Innovation Week to engage the student body.
- Providing leadership on the look and feel of C4Dlab and affiliated websites,ensuring content is well organized and updated.
- Reporting the progress and milestones on a regular basis regarding the communication agenda
- Giving input and guiding internal work on the graphics design, videography and photography work
- Supporting editorial work for publications that come out of the work of C4DLab
- Negotiating with prescribed media partners for the NIW 2018 and related activities
- Any other tasks related to and assigned to the individual by the Director,C4DLab-University of Nairobi. Important read:Why You Should Start Networking For Career Success
- This role requires a team player, who isorganized, presents themselves well and can work with others to deliver within timelines.
- Leadership skills to coordinate a team to achieve desired results
- Writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of working of web portals and sites
- Appreciation of workings of mainstream media
- Graphics design skills is an added advantage